Tensions Between U.S., Israeli, British and Iranian Warships
The U.S. and Israel are conducting their largest-ever joint warfare exercises near Iran. And see this.
England is sending its most advanced ship – the HMS Daring – to the region.
Only days after finishing its last wargames in the Strait of Hormuz, Iran has announced another set of wargames in February.
What Could Go Wrong?
Looking behind the headlines:
-The people pushing for war against Iran are the same neocons who pushed for war against Iraq. See this and this.
-China and Russia have warned that attacking Iran could lead to World War III.
-War against Iran was planned at least 20 years ago.
-The U.S. has been claiming for more than 30 years that Iran was on the verge of nuclear capability (and the U.S. apparently helped fund the Iranian nuclear program.)
-The sinking of the USS Maine, the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and other justifications for past wars have turned out to be false. Similarly, a number of high-level intelligence officials and politicians have said that the U.S. would fake a provocation and blame it on Iran as a casus belli. For example, Ron Paul has warned of a “Gulf of Tonkin type incident” in Iran, and Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh says many ideas have been proposed for provoking a war, including building boats that look like Iranian boats, and then putting Navy Seals on them to “start a shoot-up”
-The CIA admits that it hired Iranians in the 1950′s to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its democratically-elected prime minister. Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh says that the Bush administration (and especially Dick Cheney) helped to fund terrorist groups within Iran (see confirming articles here and here). And theNew York Times, Washington Post and others are reporting, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, former national security adviser Fran Townsend and former Attorney General Michael Mukasey – who all said that the terrorists were going to get us if we didn’t jettison the liberties granted under the Bill of Rights – are now supporting terrorists in Iran.
-Endless war is bankrupting America and harming our national security.
-The war against Iran has already begun. See this, this and this.
What could possibly go wrong?
- Confrontation? Iran’s New Naval Exercise to Coincide With US/Israeli Drill
- Israel says Iranian warships near Suez
- Iranian warships set sail for Gulf of Aden
- Armada of U.S. and Israeli Warships Head for Iran
- Iranian authorities arrest eight British embassy employees in Tehran
- Iran says may hit Western warships if attacked
- Iranian spyplane films US aircraft carrier
- Iran sends warships to Gulf of Aden
- Israeli warships rehearse for Iran attack in Red Sea
- Iranian aid ship to break Israeli siege of Gaza
- Iran Stresses Preparedness to Repel Enemy Attacks
- Iranian plane buzzes U.S. carrier in Middle East
January 8, 2012