Breaking: Houthis Cuts All Supply Lines to Saudi Coalition Troops in Hodeidah

BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:45 P.M.)  – 2018-11-08 – The Houthis Movement scored an important advance on Thursday that resulted in the complete encirclement of the Saudi Coalition troops inside Hodeidah.

The Houthis released a statement this evening that said all Saudi Coalition troops inside of Hodeidah are now trapped after they cut all the supply lines to these fighters in the provincial capital.

In addition to besieging the Saudi Coalition troops, the Houthis said that at least 150 members of the pro-government forces had been killed over the last few days.

Furthermore, the Houthis managed to destroy another 17 military and technical vehicles that belonged to the Saudi Coalition forces in western Yemen.

This latest news from Hodeidah comes just 48 hours after the Saudi Coalition forces broke through the frontline defenses of the Houthis at the provincial capital.

***

Yemen artillery unit targets SW Saudi Arabia

Tehran, Nov 6, IRNA – Yemeni artillery unit targeted Saudi forces’ positions in Najran, southwestern Saudi Arabia on Monday night.

According to Yemeni TV Channel ‘Al-Masirah’, Yemeni army and popular committees inflicted heavy damages on Saudi forces in Najran.

The Yemeni army targeted Albuqa desert in Najran, a military sources said.

Many Saudi military forces have been killed or injured in Yemenis’ ambush on Monday.

Saudi Arabia and its regional allies attacked Yemen in March 2015 to bring back to power the deposed president of Yemen Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi.

The aggressors have committed horrible war crimes against Yemeni civilians during the past three years.

9376**1771

Follow us on Twitter @IrnaEnglish

***

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:39

Yemeni Drone Strike Hits Saudi Airbase in Retaliation

TEHRAN (FNA)- Yemeni army soldiers, backed by Ansarullah fighters, launched a drone attack on a Saudi airbase in retaliation for the Riyadh regime’s stepped-up bombing campaign on the impoverished nation.

Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported that a Yemeni Qasif-1 (Striker-1) combat drone had accurately hit King Khalid airbase in Saudi Arabia’s Southwestern Asir region.

The drone strike came one day after the Saudi-led coalition attacked the al-Dulaimi airbase in the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, and its surrounding areas.

Coalition Spokesman Colonel Turki al-Malki told Saudi state al-Ekhbaria TV on Friday that the airbase targeted had been used by the Houthis to “launch drone and ballistic missile attacks”.

Al-Masirah reported that more than 30 Saudi air raids had targeted the al-Dulaimi base and its adjacent areas.

Additionally on Friday, clashes erupted between Ansarullah fighters and Saudi-backed militants loyal to former Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi in the port city of Hudaydah, the entry point for most of Yemen’s imports and aid supplies.

Saudi Arabia and its allies launched a brutal war against Yemen in March 2015 in an attempt to reinstall the Riyadh-allied Hadi regime and crush the Houthis.

Back in June, the Saudi-led coalition launched the Hudaydah offensive despite international warnings that it would compound the war-torn nation’s humanitarian crisis.

Saudi Arabia claims that Ansarullah forces are using the port city for weapons delivery, an allegation rejected by the fighters.

The Western-backed imposed war on Yemen, coupled with a naval blockade, has destroyed the country’s infrastructure and led to famine.

Yemeni fighters regularly target positions inside Saudi Arabia in retaliatory attacks against the Saudi war on the import-dependent state.

 

By Leith Aboufadel, IRNA

 

The 21st Century

Leave a Reply