TEHRAN (FNA)- Syrian medical officials announced on Wednesday that the corpses of thousands of civilians killed in the US airstrikes and ISIL attacks have been found in Raqqa.
The Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper quoted a senior medical official in Raqqa named Jamal Issa as saying that the US forces pounded Raqqa city for one month last August without any interruption after transferring the ISIL terrorists from Raqqa to Deir Ezzur, adding that the US airstrikes destroyed over 85% of the city, including all infrastructures, and killed thousands of civilians.
He added that a large number of mass-graves have been found after occupation of Raqqa by the US forces, noting that 4,000 corpses of civilians, including nearly 2,500 children, women and the elderly, have been unearthed from the mass-graves.
Issa said that in addition to the mass-graves, the bodies of hundreds of people have been discovered from rubbles, adding that only 2% of the ruins have been unloaded.
Based on the report, recently a mass-grave containing 1,500 corpses has also been found in Panorama region in Raqqa city where bodies of the civilians killed in the US warplanes’ attacks last year were buried.
One year after occupation of Raqqa, mass graves of victims of the US raids and attacks by the ISIL terrorists and the Syrian Democratic Forces are being found regularly in the city.
The dead bodies of over a dozen civilians killed in the US airstrikes on Raqqa were unearthed one year after Washington and its affiliated militants occupied the city, local sources reported on Monday.
The sources said that the Raqqa civil team has found a sum of 13 corpses of the US air raids victims, including women and children, from under debris of ruined buildings in Panorama neighborhood.
The sources further said that bodies of 3 more civilians were also unearthed from ruined buildings in al-Thakana neighborhood in Raqqa.
The 21st Century