Dad, girl, die from gas poisoning

A father and a daughter in Shanghai were fatally poisoned by carbon monoxide at their Baoshan district home Wednesday, said police, who ruled out murder as the cause of their deaths.

The father and daughter were found lying dead in their home by the man’s boss, who told police that he went to pay him a visit after he failed to turn up for work.

The boss also found the man’s wife knocked unconscious when he arrived, and she was rushed to hospital, police said.

Police said that a preliminary investigation found carbon monoxide in their bloodstream Wednesday, saying that the poisoning was likely caused by a charcoal brazier in their home, which was still hot when police arrived Wednesday.

Originally from Anhui Province, the father worked in the city as a bodyguard, while the mother is a street food vendor, who sells roast duck.

The parents also had another child, a son, but he was not home at the time of the incident, said police.

 Global Times

Sharing is caring!

Leave a Reply