ConocoPhillips Says Bohai Oil Field Leakage Cleaned Up

ConocoPhillips (COP) said an oil leak at the Penglai 19-3 oilfield in China’s Bohai Bay has been contained and clean-up work is close to completion.

ConocoPhillips Says Bohai Oil Field Leakage Cleaned Up

No injuries nor impact to wildlife, fishing or shipping were reported, Houston-based Conoco said today in an e-mailed statement.

China’s State Oceanic Administration may announce the results of an investigation into the spill during its monthly press conference tomorrow, Jiang Yongzhi, the Beijing-based spokesman for Cnooc Ltd. (883), which owns 51 percent stake of the field, said by telephone from Beijing today. ConocoPhillips, the operator of the field, owns the remaining 49 percent stake.

The leak affected an area of about 200 square meters (2,153 square feet) and had a relatively small impact on the marine environment, China National Radio reported today, citing an unnamed official at Cnooc.

Bloomberg

0 Replies to “ConocoPhillips Says Bohai Oil Field Leakage Cleaned Up”

Leave a Reply